Doritos Crash the Super Bowl Ad competition for Super Bowl XLVI. GM invited independent film makers from 32 countries to make a Super Bowl Ad. Doritos lets anybody enter to create a Super Bowl Ad.
Now you can cash in by sharing with your friends your favorite spot among the top 35 entries featured on ChevroletRoute66.MSN.com.
Chevrolet and MOFILM, a global creative community, received 197 entries from film makers across the globe. The best spot as determined by Chevrolet will be shown during the big game on Feb. 5, 2012.
“With Chevrolet Route 66, we wanted to tap into the talents of creative people from every corner of the Earth to discover our next Super Bowl ad,” said Joel Ewanick, GM vice president and global chief marketing officer. “The submissions we received show that people from around the world share many of the same values and how Chevrolet plays a role in helping them along life’s road.”
Beginning today Dec. 22 and running through 6:59 p.m. EST on Jan. 25, 2012, eligible fans from Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Mexico, the United Kingdom and United States can watch, rate and share their favorite Chevrolet Route 66 film. Those who share their personalized link to the videos most often and give the most creative answer to the question “if you could drive to any destination in your home country, where would you go?” could win up to $10,000.
The final choice of the Chevy Super Bowl 2012 Ad is still up to the GM people, but they take into account the most shared spots.
I watched several of the Chevy Super Bowl ads and they are really quite entertaining. None of them is though a smash hit. I find it very interesting that several of the international entries manage to be very American. The current most shared ad is a spot about a mistaken grad gift. It is not really that funny. I think GM has a problem with the selection as they need to beat what Volkswagen and Chrysler did last year to stand out. Both car makers are actually back this year and also need to up their game to keep the momentum going. I did not see any ad in the Route 66 line-up that is able to beat The Force from Volkswagen or the Eminem Chrysler Ad.
2012 is taking place in Indianapolis on February 5th,
2012. Super Bowl Ads for Geeks is covering everything there is to know
about the Super Bowl 2012 Ads and more, leading up to the big game. The coverage
on Super Bowl Ads for Geeks extends our famous Super Bowl for Geeks
Guide on I4U News. Bonus: Watch all Super
Hot Super Bowl News
There will be again two Doritos Super Bowl ads in the Super Bowl 2015 ad line-up. The race for the $1 million prize is on for the consumer...
Several Super Bowl 2012 ads are using the old marketing concept of sex sells. The Go Daddy Super Bowl ads have always been sexy and th...
Carnival is the world's biggest cruise line. The Carnival Super Bowl 2015 Ad will be the first Super Bowl commercial for the cruise li...
Anheuser-Busch has bought 4:30 minutes of advertising time during the Super Bowl 2012. Again the beer giant is one of the biggest Super Bo...
It is Super Bowl Ad time again. The Super Bowl 2015 will take place on February 1, 2015 in Arizona. The Super Bowl 2015 Ads list is already...
- Super Bowl XLVI has Super Bowl Village featuring t...
- Bud Light Hotel is again at the Super Bowl 2012
- Chevy Super Bowl 2012 Ad Route 66 Sharing Competit...
- New Pepsi Max Ad featuring Mark Sanchez, Rex Ryan,...
- Toyota Super Bowl 2012 Ads to feature Camry
- Super Bowl 2012 Ads
- Super Bowl 2012 Advertisers
- Super Bowl 2012 will be streamed Online
- Pepsi Super Bowl 2012 Commercials announced
- The Voice Super Bowl 2012 Ad directed by Peter Ber...
- Go Daddy Super Bowl 2012 Ad is called The Cloud
- M&M'S Super Bowl 2012 Ad announced
- VW Super Bowl 2012 Ad stars 2012 Beetle
- CBS to Broadcast Super Bowl L, Super Bowl LIII and...
- Super Bowl 2012 Car Commercials to be Better than ...
- Super Bowl XLVI Poster unveiled
- Papa John's Super Bowl XLVI Giveaway includes 5 Su...
- Rolling Stone Magazine and Bacardi Throw big Time ...
- Cars.com Super Bowl 2012 Ad confirmed
- Best Buy Super Bowl 2012 Ad in the Making
- Dannon Super Bowl Ad announced
- Audi Super Bowl 2012 Ad confirmed
- Go Daddy Super Bowl 2012 Ad has Pussycat Dolls
- Super Bowl 2012 Halftime show seeks 500 Volunteers...
- Disney trains Super Bowl 2012 Staff
- Century 21 Super Bowl 2012 Ad coming
- Bud Light Platinum Super Bowl 2012 Ad in the Makin...
- A Doritos Super Bowl 2012 Ad could star an rescued...
- The Best Super Bowl Ad of 2011
- The funniest Super Bowl Ad of 2011
- Super Bowl 2012 NFL Experience Tickets are on Sale...
- Go Daddy has Two Ads at Super Bowl 2012
- Super Bowl 2012 Halftime Show Special Effects come...
- USA Today Super Bowl Ad Meter 2012 will be on Face...
- Super Bowl 2012 Halftime Show stars Madonna
- Doritos Super Bowl 2012 Ad Contenders, Which Ad ma...
- Hyundai Super Bowl 2011 Ad Bonanza brings 5 Ads
- Doritos Crash the Super Bowl 2012 Ad Entries are L...
- Super Bowl 2012 (XLVI) Ads for Geeks - The Beginni...
- ▼ December (39)